Book Nerd Vlog Post
She’s a champion cupcake eater, coffee drinker, tarot enthusiast, night person, and bookworm. When she’s not writing or reading at home in Colorado,Sarah enjoys hugging trees and road-tripping through the country with her husband, Alex. In addition to her website at sarahockler.com, fans can find her on Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.
Top Ten List - Things you would change about your high school years if you could go back in time.
1. Aquanet hairspray would be banned as both an environmental and personal hazard. Sometimes I think I’m still coughing it up out of my lungs!
2. I’d probably reconsider putting my feelings (hint: undying love, declaration of soul mate status, etc.) for my crush in a letter.
3. I’d definitely reconsider giving him said letter.
4. I would accept the fact that I’d been blessed with neither tone nor rhythm before letting my friends talk me into auditioning in front of half the school for the high school musical, a challenge requiring both a solo song and dance. Let’s just say it’s a good thing the school had insurance. And let’s just say that was the end of my short-lived career as a performance artist.
5. I would find a more creative hiding spot for my journals.
6. I would maybe avoid the electric blue mascara trend. Though, I see that’s making a comeback. *shudders*
7. Like the song says, I’d definitely wear sunscreen.
8. I’d spend less time worrying about what people wanted me to be, and more time just being who I wanted me to be.
9. Pizza and French fries daily do not a healthy lunch make. I’d remind myself of that at least once a week!
10. Nothing! I mean that. Because honestly? I wouldn’t change a thing about my high school years. It was a total roller coaster, filled with lots of embarrassing and awful and awesome and crazy times, but every single one of those experiences – from the blue mascara to the crush to everything in between – is part of who I am right now. I wouldn’t change that for anything.
When Cole surprises her at the after party with a kiss under the stars, it’s everything Lucy has ever dreamed of… and the biggest BFF deal-breaker ever. Despite Cole’s lingering sweetness, Lucy knows they’ll have to ’fess up to Ellie. But before they get the chance, Lucy’s own Facebook profile mysteriously explodes with compromising pics of her and Cole, along with tons of other students’ party indiscretions. Tagged. Liked. And furiously viral.
By Monday morning, Lucy’s been branded a slut, a backstabber, and a narc, mired in a tabloid-worthy scandal just weeks before graduation.
Lucy’s been battling undead masses online long enough to know there’s only one way to survive a disaster of this magnitude: Stand up and fight. Game plan? Uncover and expose the Facebook hacker, win back her best friend’s trust, and graduate with a clean slate.
There’s just one snag—Cole. Turns out Lucy’s not the only one who’s been harboring unrequited love…
*JBN is not responsible for Lost or Damaged Books in your Nerdy Mail Box*